Thursday 15 October 2015

Weaving day 1

After finally completing enough sketchbook work and research (to my standards anyway) I finally started weaving. After a very long summer, I was a little hesitant to start weaving again I was worried I had forgotten how to weave. But as I got stuck in I remembered with a few hiccups along the way I began on the dobby loom, using only 4 shafts I thought this was best to start off with.
My first warp using a variety of different wool fibres and unbleached linen. Testing the durability, flexibility and a variety of finishing techniques such as  brushing and felting. I chose not to introduce too much colour at this stage. I am just testing out my ideas with a range of materials first before handling colour and structure. I may try that next week with maybe a natural black.

No comments:

Post a Comment