Monday 19 October 2015

Artist research

My work has been influenced by several designers though this unit. I have been look at the work of Marianne Kemp, jenny ford and Fran solar to name a few. These designers have really inspired me to explore a wider range of materials, and take a different approach to my textiles.
For example, Jenny ford specializes in sculptural textiles using materials from wire to electrical cords. It made think about me textiles in relation to a purpose. In the past I have always made work for a blanket or curtains, which I enjoy but what about textiles made simply for the eyes, display or installation decorous purposes? Instead of looking at a piece of textiles made for a coat or a cushion, what about textiles for artistic expression, that had no proper function but was an idea a feeling or emotion expressed through sculpture. (None of these images belong to me.)
Jenny Ford Textiles

Fran Solar - Metal Weaver

Marianne Kemp - Horsehair Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment