Wednesday 6 January 2016

The Final major project - Colour and weave

I had time over Christmas to finish my dissertation and start some colour studies in my sketchbook as well. I forgot to take pictures of the dyeing process (oops) but here is my first warp using colour, based on my inspired images from morocco, of the plants and trees I was able to see in the Jardin Majorelle gardens last year. I am excited to finally be using colour and understand the applications for a final outcome which should become far clearer throughout this unit. I used Cotton Mercerised 2/16's (12 e.p.cm)  for the warp and Australian Crossbred 6 t.p.i "S" spin(8 e.p.cm) for most of the weft with some elasticometric yarn. Using both acid and procion dyes for these colours. I am quite pleased with the way things are going so far the turquoise sample was my favorite as I introduced using monofliament (fishing wire) for the first time in a slightly larger sample. I wound this warp 2.50 meters long, and 24 cm wide.





No comments:

Post a Comment