Tuesday 19 January 2016

Dyeing larger samples

I had a tutorial this past Thursday on the 11th. I was encouraged to work larger in order to play with the potential for an outcome for a fashion garment. I am really interested in the idea of making a scarf, but i will have a better idea after weaving this warp. I dyed a variety of colours for this warp..and it is very stressful having to weigh out so many different shades to create the mixture of colour i wanted. (my maths isn't great) but i took my time and created some colours that I am happier with. In the last warp I felt my colour were far to strong and I needed it to respond more closely to my images which overall a lot paler, than what I got with my first batch. I used both the procion (cold water dyes) for my cotton skeins and Kenanthrol acid dyes for my Australian crossbred (wool) skiens, I manged to do it all in one day so I should start setting up a loom later this week and cone wind.  I will continue to add to my palette to find a set of colours that are correct for me. It is the definition of trial and error.












1 comment:

  1. I like this type of dyeing, not many places teach you this kind of method of dyeing. need mathematics behind it all

    ReplyDelete