Wednesday 23 September 2015

Preliminary research

Starting a new project is always hard, at first but the once I've got started there was no stopping I spent a good chunk out of the day organising my research and choosing a starting point, which was easy considering I had the amazing opportunity to visit the V&A exhibition, over the summer and got to see Alexander McQueen's Savage beauty exhibition! It was a really amazing collection that I really did enjoy and learned quite a bit about the designer. After revisiting some of the images I had taken and a book I had bought at the time, I had made critical observations from the visit. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take photos inside the exhibit, but I can clearly remember the atmosphere that was created inside. 


After first walking the doors I found myself amount a huge crowd of people, and a few of the designers work, I thought to myself that although the room was crowded everyone was very calm and quite, so much that I could clearly hear music and an audio recording of the designer introducing the designs around us. As we walked through, the very strong theme of the collection was infused within the walls, in one area the ceiling was covered in bones and skulls, the faces of the models were covered, which was a little unsettling. Then I began to think about how my textiles can not only be visually impacting but how a piece of textiles could make you feel. (sources: fashion.telegraph.co.uk and vam.ac.uk/alexandermcqueensavagebeauty)

No comments:

Post a Comment