Sunday 20 September 2015

Exploring Textiles Day 1

Day 1

On the 14th of September 2015, I had arrived at the last first day I would ever have as a University student. I had done it I had made to my final year, which means there would one final project. The challenge (if I choose to accept) is to research, design and make a project with a topic of our own choosing, with key concepts, and ideas beyond my course and into the creative industry. We were advised to use our past experiences on the course, the skills we had learned, techniques and process' to guide us in this final step...After meeting my tutors and technicians once again, panic began to set in..after almost 5 months off on holiday coming back to an overload of information, Visiting lecturers, New Designers show, Formative assessments, Tutorials, Trades shows in France and the all important dissertation and the defined phase, repeated over and over by my tutors "Plan your time wisely and start now."



With our introductory session over, I took home one messy and scribbled pad and one black pen low on ink and one hell of a rattled brain..with quite a journey home I left feeling rather numb and dazed. After finally returning home, I needed time to relax and calm down, my rather panic train of thought had slowed down while I had time to think about how to start, what did I want to look at? What do I like about my practice? What am I aiming for? After thinking about this for a short time I then decided to go back to the beginning. The best way to move forward is to remember where I started. Looking at past work, Textiles for Fashion and Interiors years 1 & 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment