Monday 25 April 2016

Weaving collection fabric 4

Weaving my final warp was a dream and I had no broken threads or uneven tension and I couldn't wait to start weaving. It took me just one day to set up and I started weaving straight away on the Monday and finished the warp in just one day. I wanted to be really free and just do some final experimenting with some of the fancy yarns I had left and I used a mixture of a polyester monofilament and various weights of wire in the weft across the fabric. I was apprehensive about using wire as I thought this may cause too many problem with the warp so I tested and found the using the wire on weft floats only allowed me to create and a more stable plain weave with cotton in between the floating picks. I had fun weaving this might be my last woven piece of work for a while. I will be taking photos of my collection of fabrics tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment