Wednesday 11 November 2015

Back to the studio

I read several books and articles online, to help give enough inspiration and tips on progressing onto more sample work. I felt comfortable enough again to begin weaving, I did have a bit of a confidence knock after the last information hand-in. But i am excited to start, I first jumped on a table loom, and attempted a double cloth for the second time, it was very long and tedious process of threading and tying on. In the end i only did 3 very small smaples which were ok but I wasnt found of the results and so, I cut of my warp and began preparing for weaving on a doby, which meant that I could make sample alot faster and I was less likely to be making any more mistakes through lifting. But trying out the double cloth did teach me a lot and in a very small way I am glad I did it but, im happier now that its finished with and off the loom.


No comments:

Post a Comment