Monday 15 February 2016

Cotton/Wool mixed weaving

Now at this stage I had dyed a small collection of colours that had some successful and unsuccessful shades. I have now come to a point were I am running low and will need to re-dye more colours. But before that I would like to make as many samples as I can before then in the existing pool of colours I have and improve on some the ideas I had made in the exploratory unit as well as the samples made earlier last month. I now finally understand that by hand manipulating the threads in a particular way, I can achieve the desired results. This was only possible through trial and error and now I am feeling more confident in my ideas I wound a 2 meter warp using a specific sett of thick wool threads and thinner cotton threads to make the warp you see below. On a very small scale just to test this in a way I feel comfortable. Using a both natural and fancy yarns such as elastic, and unwashed high twist yarn as a highlighted feature. I enjoyed weaving this warp and have received some really positive feedback from peers around the studio.







No comments:

Post a Comment